Costume Safety Tips
- Find a costume with bright colors so your child can be seen in the dark.
- Make sure that masks do not get in the way of a child's vision.
- Test costume make-up before puttin it all over a child.
- Make sure costumes are appropriate and that they fit the child well.
- If the costume has any weapons, make sure they are and that they appear harmless.
Trick-or-Treating Safety Tips
- Trick-or-Treat in a group and make sure the group stays together.
- Carry a flash light.
- Use sidewalks and crosswalks whenever possible.
- Inspect candy before children eat it and make sure it isn't open or damaged.
- Monitor how much candy children are eating.